Friday, February 20, 2015

First post and first book review.


Good Morning Ladies (and Gentleman in case one of you managed to find my blog)

At first I would like to tell you a couple of things about myself. I am in my late twenties and live in the UK. I love love love books and as I go through many of them I decided to share my thoughts. I am always looking for new books so if you have anything to recommend please let me know. My latest passion are erotica & NA novels but I am open for all kinds of genres. 

I just finished a book yesterday and I have to admit that I just wasn't into it. 

The book was Fade into you by Kate Dawes


Olivia Rowland leaves her Midwestern life behind after graduating from college and heads off to Los Angeles to work for a Hollywood talent agent. Life in L.A. is a culture shock, but nothing compared to the jolt she gets when Max enters her life.

Max Dalton is Hollywood's youngest and brightest movie producer/director/writer. He's wealthy, successful, hot, and there's never a shortage of women throwing themselves at him, but there's only one woman he wants, and he intends to make it happen.

As Max pursues Olivia, he finds that she presents a whole new challenge for him. When Olivia finally gives in the stage is set for a perilous, yet passionate relationship. Together they discover each other's deepest desires, and darkest secrets... (Amazon)

Without much of an introduction I was thrust into the relationship of Olivia and Max. There is no real character development and I could not connect to either Olivia or Max. Both characters are very flat which makes it hard to get an emotional connection. It all seems to go very quick between those two. Don't get me wrong I do not mind the idea of One Night Stands in this genre but I could not make out if they are actually falling in love or if they just fancy each other. 

Not much seems to happen thoughout the story. After their first sex they have a little bit of an misunderstanding and I thought that it will finally develop a little but was dissapointed. Even though Max was explaining himself it all seemed way to easy.

I go bored and even though I usually do not give up I couldn't finish this book.

All in all I give this book 1 out of 5 stars and have to find something else to read now...

No comments:

Post a Comment